Standards Complaint Form

Only use this form to make a complaint about the conduct of a Thanet District councillor or a member of one of the Parish or Town councillors in Thanet. If you want to make a general complaint about the service you have received from the council please see use our Complaints Form

On this form you will be asked to provide your name and contact details as well as details of your complaint.

Your address and contact details will not usually be released unless necessary or to deal with your complaint.

However, we will tell the following people that you have made this complaint:

  • the Member(s) you are complaining about
  • the Monitoring Officer of the authority
  • the Chair of the Standards Committee 
  • the Parish or Town Clerk (if applicable) 

We will tell them your name and give them details of your complaint. If you have serious concerns about your name or details of your complaint being released, please ensure you carefully read the section 

Privacy Statement

To provide this service Thanet District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.

Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.

Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).