Apply for or remove a Council Tax single occupier discount
If you are the only adult living in your property you may get a 25% single occupier discount on your Council Tax. An adult is anyone over the age of 18.
You can use this form to:
- apply for a single occupier discount, or
- ask for an existing single occupier discount to be removed.
This form will ask you to provide
- Your details.
- Your Council Tax account reference (this can be found on your Council Tax bill and starts with 61).
- The name and forwarding address of any adults that have moved out, and the date they moved.
- If you are asking for a discount to be removed - the date you would like the discount removed from, why you would like the discount removed and the name and previous address of any adults that have moved in (if known).
Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.
Please do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.
To provide this service Thanet District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.
Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).