Noise Nuisance

Before you start

To report anti-social behaviour complaints, please use our anti-social behaviour form.  If your complaint includes unreasonable and significant noise, for example: loud music, alarms or mechanical etc. please also complete this form.

One-off occasional incidents, day-to-day domestic noise due to poor sound insulation, the occasional dog barking or noise from children are unlikely to be considered unreasonable.  Please see the noise nuisance pages for further advice and information on how we deal with noise complaints.

We will ask you to provide the following information:

  • Your details (we do not take anonymous complaints).
  • Location of the noise, including street name (this must be identified).
  • Description of the noise and how often it occurs.

Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.

Do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.

Privacy Statement

To provide this service Thanet District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.

Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.

Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).