Street and property naming and numbering application
You should complete this form to name new streets, obtain numbers for new developments or rename an existing property.
Please note that:
- postcodes will be allocated by the Royal Mail, not Thanet District Council
- names will be considered in consultation with the Royal Mail. If the proposed name is similar to any other house or road locally it will be rejected and another name will have to be considered
- numbering of flats within this authority's area will be flats 1, 2, 3 and so on and not A, B, C
- new developments on an existing street will be numbered into the existing numbering scheme
This form will ask you to provide:
- your details
- details about the freeholder (if applicable)
- the site address of the property that needs naming or numbering
- a description of the project
- planning application and/or building control reference, if applicable
- the proposed new address
Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.
Do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.
To provide this service Thanet District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.
Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).