Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support capital declaration

This form will ask you to provide

  • Your details including National Insurance number.
  • Your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support reference number (if known).
  • Details of any bank accounts, National Savings Certificates, Premium Bonds, stocks, shares, savings, land, holiday homes or other property held by you and your partner.
  • Details of any money owed to you or your partner.

You will be asked to upload proof of your capital (savings and investments) if you:

  • are working age and your total capital is over £5,500, or
  • are pensionable age and your total capital is over £9,500.

Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.

Do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.

Privacy Statement

To provide this service Thanet District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.

Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.

Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).