Request to change your Housing Benefit repayment amount

If we're taking amounts from your Housing Benefit to repay an overpayment and you are struggling financially because of this, complete this form to ask us to reduce the amounts we're taking.

This form will ask you to provide

  • your details
  • your National Insurance number
  • the Housing Benefit overpayment invoice number
  • what you would like your instalment amount reduced to
  • if you work, information about your employer and employment
  • if you don't work, information about any benefits you receive
  • details of your full income and outgoings
  • details of any loans or debts you have.

Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.

Do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.

Privacy Statement

To provide this service Thanet District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.

Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.

Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).