Moving premises (business rates)
Use this form to tell the Business Rates Team that you are moving into, within or out of the Thanet District Council area.
This form will ask you to provide
- Details about the properties you are moving from and to.
- Your business rates account reference (if known).
- The date you moved or will move.
- The date you purchased the property or the tenancy started (if applicable).
- The name of the new owner and sale completion date (if applicable).
- Landlord or owner details and lease end date (if applicable).
- Information about your business and contact details.
- The name of the ratepayer.
- Your forwarding address and contact details.
- The previous occupier's name, forwarding address and phone number (if known).
This form must be completed by the ratepayer or someone authorised to do so on their behalf.
Please note that you only have 60 minutes to fill out each page of this form.
Do not use your browser back button when completing this form. If you need to go to a previous page, please use the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.
To provide this service Thanet District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.
Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).