Change of circumstances (Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support)

Please only complete this form if you live in the Thanet District and receive Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support from Thanet District Council.

Examples of changes you need to tell us about

Please complete this online form for all other changes that may affect your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support.

This form will ask you to provide

  • Your details.
  • Your National Insurance number. 
  • Your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support reference number (if known).
  • Information about what has changed and when the change happened.
  • Proof of your change.

You can upload proof of your change to this form now. If you are unable to do this, you can send your proof to us in the post or bring it to one of our offices, but your change won't be processed until we have received your proof.

Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.

Do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.

Privacy Statement

To provide this service Thanet District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.

Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.

Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).