Apply for a Council Tax exemption if you are receiving or providing care elsewhere

Use this form to apply for a Council Tax exemption if your property is empty as you are receiving or providing care elsewhere.

This form will ask you to provide

  • Your details.
  • Council Tax account reference (this can be found on your Council Tax bill and starts with 61).
  • Name and address of the doctor of the person receiving care.

Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.

Do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.

Privacy Statement

To provide this service Thanet District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.

Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.

Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).