Council Tax exemption application for an unoccupied property owned by a charity
Complete this form to apply for an exemption for an unoccupied property owned by a charity.
You may get an exemption (which means you don’t have to pay Council Tax) for a property if it:
- is unoccupied and has been for less than 6 months
- is owned by a charity or charitable organisation, and
- was last used for the purpose of a charity or charitable organisation.
You must tell us within 21 days of any changes that could effect the exemption, for example if the property becomes occupied.
This form will ask you to provide:
- Your details
- Council Tax account reference (if known)
- Details about the charity or organisation
- The address of the charity or organisation
- The address you're applying for (if different)
- When the property was last occupied
- What the property was used for when it was last occupied
- The name of the previous occupier
- The main aims and objectives of your organisation or charity
- How the previous occupier met these aims and objectives
Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.
Do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.
To provide this service Thanet District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.
Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).