Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant application
The government has made a further round of cash grants available to support businesses in the hospitality, accommodation and leisure sectors through the period of disruption caused by the Omicron variant.
Complete this form to provide us with the information we need to check that you qualify for a grant and to make payment to you. Please check the qualifying criteria for the awards first.
Only one grant can be awarded per property.
You will be asked to provide:
- your business rates account reference (this can be found on your bill - please do not contact us to ask for this, we will not give it out over the phone)
- your business or charity name, email address, phone number, address and postcode
- your name and position in the organisation
- your VAT registration number (if applicable)
- your company number, charity number or National Insurance number
- the rateable value of the property
- the number of people employed by the business
- High Level SIC (Standard Industrial Classification) Code. Please choose the code most appropriate to your main business.
- the total value of business grant funding received
- your bank details
- a copy of a recent bank statement for the bank account you would like the payment to be made to. This must clearly show the bank account name (name of the account holder, not the name of bank), sort code and account number for the account and transactions that show the business was trading on 30 December 2021.
Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.
Do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.
If you occupy your property but haven't yet registered for business rates
If your property has a rateable value but you haven't yet registered for business rates, please still complete this form to apply for a grant. You must also complete our moving premises form to register for business rates for the property for which you are applying for the grant. Please make sure that you provide proof of the date you began occupying your property. If you don't, it will delay your grant application or may mean that we are unable to make a payment to you. If you became responsible for your property after 30 December 2021 you will not be eligible for grant payments from this scheme.
The Council has discretionary funding available to support businesses that are not eligible for Omicron Grants. Please see the website for more details. Please do not use this application form to claim discretionary (ARG) funding. If you do so, your application will not be considered.
By completing this form, you will be confirming that your business has not exceeded the permitted Subsidy Allowance threshold and that your business is eligible to receive a grant under this scheme.
- Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance - you’re allowed up to £335,000 (subject to exchange rates) over a rolling period of 3 years
- COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance - you’re allowed up to £1,900,000
- COVID-19 Business Grant Special Allowance - if you have reached your limits under the Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance and COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance, you may be able to access a further allowance of funding under these scheme rules of up to £10,000,000 provided certain conditions are met.
Grants under these 3 allowances can be combined for a potential total allowance of up to £12,235,000 (subject to exchange rates)
To provide this service Thanet District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.
Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).