Make an arrangement to pay your Housing Benefit overpayment

Complete this form if you have received a Housing Benefit overpayment letter and you would like to make an arrangement to pay in instalments.

This form will ask you to provide

  • Your details.
  • Your National Insurance number.
  • The Housing Benefit overpayment invoice number.
  • The amount you're offering to pay.
  • How often you're offering to pay this amount.
  • When you would like the payment to start from.

Depending on your answers, this form may also ask you to provide:

  • if you work, information about your employer and employment
  • if you don't work, information about any benefits you receive
  • details of your full income and outgoings
  • details of any loans or debts you have 

Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.

Do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.

Privacy Statement

To provide this service Thanet District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.

Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.

Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).